General Objectives of the Course
The nurses completing this course will be able to:
- Demonstrate awareness and skills required in the Nursing Process in the provision of health care and Nursing of Patients. They will be competent to:
– Assess the nursing needs of individuals, families and communities throughout life, from birth to death.
– Plan appropriate action to meet their needs through competent safe nursing care.
– Take appropriate action to help people retain or sustain their best possible level of health in all its aspects.
– Work with other members of the health team and community in promotion of health prevention of illness, restoration of health and rehabilitation.
– Evaluate effectiveness of nursing and health care activities.
- Apply relevant knowledge from humanities, biological and behavioral science in carrying out health care and nursing activities and functions.
- Show sensitivity and skill in human relationship and communication in her daily work.
- Demonstrate skill in the use of problem solving methods in nursing practice.
- Gain knowledge of health resources in the community and the country.
- Demonstrate leadership skill in working with the health team, community and others in the provision of health care.
- Demonstrate understanding and commitment to professional behaviour.
- Demonstrate awareness of the necessity of belonging to professional organization.
- Demonstrate ability in self-awareness, self-evaluation in personal and professional life.
- Promotion of health, precaution against illness, restoration of health and rehabilitation.